Is my phone seriously broken?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My phone fell into a puddle and I pulled it out quickly. Than I noticed that the home button wouldn't work and none of the buttons on the same level. Then when I turned it off, it quickly vibrated and turned on with the Nokia logo and then it had a lightning bolt and cog? Does this mean that I can't reset it somehow to fix it? Do most Windows phones come with a warranty?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Most warranties will not cover immersing the phone in water...

Power down the phone. Remove anything that is removable (battery/SIM/SD card/etc) Place all parts and phone in a tub of uncooked rice. The phone and parts should be separate and completely surrounded on all sides by the uncooked rice. Leave the phone in the tub of rice at least 72 hours to help pull out any moisture.

If your phone does not boot normally after the 72 hours... Try a soft reset. From power on, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the phone reboots and then release them.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My phone fell into a puddle and I pulled it out quickly. Than I noticed that the home button wouldn't work and none of the buttons on the same level. Then when I turned it off, it quickly vibrated and turned on with the Nokia logo and then it had a lightning bolt and cog? Does this mean that I can't reset it somehow to fix it? Do most Windows phones come with a warranty?

I would suggest putting it in a bag of rice for a couple days but I doubt it will help. In this case it sounds like it is broken. At least in the US, standard warranties do not cover drops and spills. They also generally can tell when something is due to water damage. In this case, it almost sounds more like it was damaged by the fall rather than the water but if they can tell it is damaged it will not be serviced or replaced for free. BTW, that is not a Microsoft or Windows Phone OEM policy - all manufacturers have the same stipulations unless a device was specifically designed for such conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)