When I originally got my windows 8 phone, I added my school's email account (which is a microsoft account) to the phone. Recently, I haven't been able to sign into my Microsoft Account on my phone. It always tells me "MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PASSWORD INCORRECT" even though I use the same account name and password to sign in to my email, and it works perfectly. Why is this happening? And I can't change the damn account without resetting the entire phone? ****.
    12-18-2014 04:23 PM
    Try going to Your Microsoft Account on a PC Browser and see if you can log in there.

If your account continues to throw errors on your HTC 8x, you can use the "Forgot Password" or Change Password options in the PC Browser and then reestablish with the new password on your 8x.
    Try going to Your Microsoft Account on a PC Browser and see if you can log in there.

If your account continues to throw errors on your HTC 8x, you can use the "Forgot Password" or Change Password options in the PC Browser and then reestablish with the new password on your 8x.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-18-2014 04:40 PM
    Your school e-mail is usually separate and not hosted on Microsoft's servers. If you used your school e-mail address as your Microsoft account, that is fine, but the password may not necessarily be the same. So as RumoredNow suggested, reset your password for the Microsoft account. You can then also add your school e-mail separately and use the password you use for e-mail for that one.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-18-2014 04:47 PM