Can I get some help with a few questions with my 521?

stevaside

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Laptop not recognizing 521, Camera taking ages to load, Music not showing up

I started facing a lot of problems that seemed to begin after the 8.1 update.

I wanted to see if someone here could possibly shed some light , because I wanna stick with WP8 & am trying my best to bear with all this BS for a year or so until WP10 & some newer models will be out hopefully...
Unless I'm doing something wrong or are unaware of something, these problems are becoming unacceptable to me

I have wasted hours of my time recently trying to get my laptop (8.1) to recognize my phone to add music, ringtones, etc...
Have done lots of research & no matter what I try it seems to be 1 out of 50 tries do I get it to work by restarting the phone & laptop...

I use my phone a lot for music & it's ridiculous to have to get nervous anytime I have new music I want to copy to think "Gee I hope my WINDOWS 8.1 OS can recognize my WINDOWS 8.1 PHONE without wasting my whole day"...
....and speaking of music, another one of the many issues I'm going through...

When I can finally get the damn thing to read my phone & copy my music...NOTHING shows up in Xbox Music until it feels like it...usually 2-3 days later...
Sometimes half the newly added songs will be there after 1-2 days & then the following day or 2 the others show up.....

It's one thing to have mediocre mp3 player options or not be able to drag & drop .m3us (Which as far as I know it still can't)...but why must it be such an ordeal instead of a simple plug & play process that EVERY previous phone I've owned had?!

And finally....the camera....yes the Microsoft camera, the Nokia is just as bad or even worse too...

Ever since the update it literally takes 10-sometimes 20 seconds for the camera to open...
Absolutely pathetic to have to wait 20 seconds until I can take a picture of something.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times an oppurtunity to capture a memorable moment has been ruined by this trash...& I know my phn is def not the best model, but I never experienced this until after the update.
That alone is causing me to think what up until now was unthinkable & go to someone else.

Any info or help would be appreciated..Sorry for the rant but very frustrated lately with all of this

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa