Why does my wifi stop working after my phone is idle for 3-4 minutes?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Problems with Wifi and Skype!

I have a lumia 820, and from the past couple of months I am facing an issue with the WiFi. It works fine for some time and then if the phone if left idle for like 3-4 mins, the WiFi stops working. In the notification panel it show "limited" under WiFi icon and in the settings it show "no internet access".
I have a couple of other phones in the android and Symbian phones the WiFi works fine. I tries it on my friends 525 but it also faces the same problem.
As for the skype problem, when I minimize it, it continues to show me online on other devices but whenever i try to call from one it just doesn't show up on my phone.
The wifi is set to work under sleep.

Regards
Thanks

Ikramul

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems with Wifi and Skype!

Me to facing the same problem. It's the bug of windows 8.1 not your mobiles problem. Specially when I want to connect Wi-Fi of my college it shows " Hostel-11 does not responding" but it works good in pc 💻 Android mobile. I can connect by on/off the location/wifi sense or by connecting from different location.

Ikramul

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems with Wifi and Skype!

yes , I select it always allowed mode. Some time calls come directly and some time fails. You can try soft resetting your phone(hold volume lower+lock). I learn it by googleing ,I don't know it will work or not. I can't try because my phone(Lumia 720) lower volume is not working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss