HTC One M8, Verizon version on T mobile?

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to try the HTC One M8, and while I know there's a T-Mobile version, there seems to be a lot more Verizon versions out there for sale.

While using the Verizon version on T mobile, I've heard that the two things that don't work are visual voicemail and MMS. Any progress made on this front? Did the new update allow anybody to change any more settings?

Also, since the Verizon and T-Mobile version (to my knowledge) are identical hardware wise, is it possible to flash the T-Mobile version on top of the Verizon one? I've read about Android users who have done just that for the exact same phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They are not identical in terms of hardware. The cellular radios are completely different. No I would not try to cross flash them. The Vzw has CDMA radios on board and the T-Mo is GSM all the way. In Android hacking, the radio can be switched out of a ROM with some skill. I don't think this is possible with Windows Phone devices.

In addition to MMS and VVm issues, you would not get T-Mo WiFi calling or any other carrierware such as the anticipated SoftCard App. I would expect data speed discrepancies as well.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon