How to get the battery to last anywhere near the maximum standby time of 16 days

vipulkg

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
With Battery Saver on in my lumia 520, and 100% charge, the Estimated time remaining is shown as 14 hours 49 minutes. In case I do not use the phone for anything ( no calls, sms, internet etc) can it last anything more than 2-3 days (I may be receiving some short calls and sms). What then is the meaning of Maximum Standby Time of 16 days. Has anybody/ any user tested it?

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Disable background run from "battery saver" of heavy apps like WhatsApp etc n u will get maximum backup. U can get 16 days stand by time if u leave ur phone like paper weight on table... But I seriously doubt Lumia 520 will go beyond 4 days...

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll summarily say no. There is nearly zero chance of making it last that long without using at all, in which case, what is the point of having it?

At best I've seen a smartphone last two usable days... regardless of what it is, and with only minimal usage. Any average usage will get you a day and through the night, at best. Any real world use will get you through the work day into the evening. Heavy use may get you to afternoon at best.

My advice is keep a car charger and a nightstand charger. Charge in car will keep you topped off through the day, and charge overnight for full charge.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Charge phone 100%, engage Airplane Mode, put screen to sleep and do not touch the phone.

If you charge it to 100% and then power it off it will last about 3 or 4 months.

​ANY use draws power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05