I was browsering on ie and then it popped a warnig virus message that ie has detected a virus on my 920 lumia device and it needed to be scanned. I pressed okay, it did a quick scan but in the end when it finnished i closed it quickly because I got scared? May it be a fake message and someone stole data from my phone?
    12-21-2014 06:31 AM
    It's very difficult to say buy I think they can't. It's a scam. Never take serious a pop up.
    purpleray and xandros9 like this.
    12-21-2014 06:34 AM
    I kinda freaked out. It was a site I was in before again and again and it never showed me anything like that, that's why it surprised me. So, it's probably okay?
    12-21-2014 06:50 AM
    Yes windows phone is very safe. Nobody can steal info (break in your phone) in a few seconds using IE.
    Bineesh BL, purpleray and xandros9 like this.
    12-21-2014 07:05 AM
    I was browsering on ie and then it popped a warnig virus message that ie has detected a virus on my 920 lumia device and it needed to be scanned. I pressed okay, it did a quick scan but in the end when it finnished i closed it quickly because I got scared? May it be a fake message and someone stole data from my phone?

ANY virus message that is displayed in browser is FAKE. On phones, computers, tablets, command line... everywhere. NEVER click flashing 'scan now' links that will download you a *exe or *apk files. WP is so far 100% immune to viruses, but your Windows PC isn't. ONLY EVER listen to 'virus found' alerts from antivirus software that's installed on your computer, and never click on links that seem fishy on the internet.
    Install adblock plus https://www.google.si/search?q=adb&i...gPgD#q=adblock for your browser on PC, unfortunately WP doesn't support such an app.
    xandros9 and Nicholas Maguire like this.
    12-21-2014 07:56 AM
    Fake scare message.
    Anyone can make a popup claim to be some virus or whatever.
    12-21-2014 12:46 PM
    ​Open mobile IE > ... (three dots icon, bottom left) > settings > advanced settings > make sure to check box "Use SmartScreen Filter" AND at Cookies from websites dropdown, select block some
    12-21-2014 01:14 PM
    How old are you, mate?
    12-21-2014 01:21 PM
    How old are you, mate?
    Falling for these things knows no age bounds.
    RumoredNow and wphashan like this.
    12-21-2014 01:41 PM
    How old are you, mate?
    Persons showing as a Guest in this subforum can not Reply, even their own thread. The ability to post in Ask a Question without registering is a one off and grants no member rights like a Reply button...

capture.jpg
    12-21-2014 02:44 PM