Why won't my Lumia 920 connect to my pc?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

lumia 920 won't connect to pc

ok, i am about to return my phone if nothing here works. seriously how could it be so difficult to connect a windows phone to w windows pc. i tried all updated, the cable does work it is the original and charges. actually it loaded the phone softaware and was able to connect once, but never since. tried several different laptops. tried manually installing. it does not show at all on device manager under portable devices as many suggest. hub does not work, it shows windows pc but again fails to connect.
phone and pc up to date., please help

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
What version of Windows are you using? Have you tried different USB ports on the same PC (your post doesn't mention it)? I feel compelled to mention that your cord may be spotty and giving out.

If you're running Windows 8/8.1 I suggest installing Windows Phone from the Store, or if you're on Windows 7 I suggest installing the Zune software. I don't believe Windows Phones are supported or recognized on Windows Vista or earlier, but I can't say for sure as I've never tried.

EDIT-Most USB cords that start to give out will usually last longer without TOO many problems as a simple charger plugged into an outlet. Because USB ports have a vastly lower voltage than standard wall chargers/USB-wall brick combos, coupled with the fact they are better for data transfers than charging your phone (again, low voltage=slow charging), your cord sounds like the real culprit.

If nothing else try plugging in another micro USB device with the same cord and see if it works. If not then your answer is indeed the cord.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre