How do I migrate apps and data while switching to a new Lumia?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to migrate apps and data while switching to a new lumia

I am switching from my 720 to 730. i want to migrate all the apps , music , data and contacts . is there any easy way to make the switch given that some of the apps in my L720 are stored in my sd card. Will they migrate automatically if i put my SD card into new phone or does the entire apps need to be re installed??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to migrate apps and data while switching to a new lumia

I am switching from my 720 to 730. i want to migrate all the apps , music , data and contacts . is there any easy way to make the switch given that some of the apps in my L720 are stored in my sd card. Will they migrate automatically if i put my SD card into new phone or does the entire apps need to be re installed??

All your contacts will be synchronized/transferred to your new Windows Phone if you use the same Microsoft Account as the default phone account. However, you may need to reinstall all your apps in the process. You won't need to purchase apps that have been already purchased.

As for the SD card migration, that may not work since you will be using a different unit and a different OS, effectively disconnecting the apps from the original "root". It may work, but expect some bugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa