Why does my HTC 8x have a super fast reboot and won't turn on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

HTC 8x super fast reboot. Won't turn on!

I have been using HTC 8x for almost a year now and I worked alright till now but few days ago it starting turning itself off even when it was charged. I tried resetting but it didn't fix the problem. One night I put it up for charging, I didn't have my charger so I used somebody else's charger to charge it. When I woke up it was turned off and wont turn on. When phone was connected to charger, HTC start screen would show only for 2-3 seconds and then the phone would reboot and this happened only when the phone was connected to the charger. The moment, the charger was removed, the phone would be dead as a rock. I have tried resetting it using buttons while its charging but continue rebooting and '!' sign won't show.
Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC 8x super fast reboot. Won't turn on!

I have been using HTC 8x for almost a year now and I worked alright till now but few days ago it starting turning itself off even when it was charged. I tried resetting but it didn't fix the problem. One night I put it up for charging, I didn't have my charger so I used somebody else's charger to charge it. When I woke up it was turned off and wont turn on. When phone was connected to charger, HTC start screen would show only for 2-3 seconds and then the phone would reboot and this happened only when the phone was connected to the charger. The moment, the charger was removed, the phone would be dead as a rock. I have tried resetting it using buttons while its charging but continue rebooting and '!' sign won't show.
Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?

It appears that your battery is already "dead". These symptoms occur when the battery is fully drained, i.e. the battery needs to have a sufficient amount of charge first before the phone can power up. But since the battery doesn't seem to be charging even when the phone is plugged to a charger (and since you have already tried using a different charger eliminating the probability that your charger is busted*), most probably it is your battery that has the problem. Just have the battery replaced in an accredited service center.

*- As a precaution, just try using a third charger with the same specifications as the original one (same output voltage and current).

Aditya shingade

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing same problem from today . I've been using portable battery from past week . my phone was working absoulately normally . and later when I took it out . it wasn't starting , no response from phone . tried pressing all buttons for mins .
But when I plugged in charger ... The phone shows HTC logo for 2-3 secs and reboots ,this loop continues . I'm going to try replacing battery .
Hope its only that problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa