Why won't Whatsapp start?

gm08

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp won't start!

Whatsapp crashed an hour ago on my Lumia 920, and it won't start anymore.

I tried to restart the phone twice, but with no good.

Is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp won't start!

Ok you need to back up your apps and settings. Go to settings, backup, apps and settings, then tap on backup now.

Once completed uninstall the app
Reinstall

Then the conversations you have had will be reapplied. The app is no good if you cannot open it. If you lose your conversations (which I doubt) it will be worth it to have the app functional on your phone.

I hope this helps. Nothing worse then a crashed or crashing app. :)

gm08

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I have backup on for my phone's apps and settings, also in Whatsapp... I am afraid about losing recent conversations, because I don't know when the last backup was done, but I will do as you said, at the end at least I will have a working app... I hope :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You can manually back up your phone in the backup section on settings. Like I said go to apps and settings and tap backup now. Once you have done this your backup will be 100% up to date. Don't uninstall the app until you have done the update :)

gm08

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I did the uninstall/reinstall yesterday, and it fixed the issue. The only conversations lost were the ones that had unread messages, they were restored to the last backup. The other ones were alright.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs