Is it worth buying a Lumia 720?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

can someone tell me pros and cons of this device, i'm confused about buying it or not.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Why would you buy a first gen WP8 phone? Seems rather pointless at this stage. Yes it will get the W10 update but it won't get all the features (well nothing under an 830 will get all the features) but you'll come out better with a newer phone than the 720. Unless your requirements are not that high.

Also, there have been a few issues with these devices. The camera is supposed to be good and the phone in general is supposed to be good.

Other than price I wouldn't touch a first gen phone other than the 1520. But that's just me.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why would you buy a first gen WP8 phone? Seems rather pointless at this stage. Yes it will get the W10 update but it won't get all the features (well nothing under an 830 will get all the features) but you'll come out better with a newer phone than the 720. Unless your requirements are not that high.

Also, there have been a few issues with these devices. The camera is supposed to be good and the phone in general is supposed to be good.

Other than price I wouldn't touch a first gen phone other than the 1520. But that's just me.

Because money?

How do you know it won't get all the features? And that the 830 is the cutoff point?
(CITATION NEEDED)

The 720 is a fine phone if you know what you're getting. Battery life is quite good compared to other Lumias, but its internals aren't particularly speedy and its hampered by 512 MB of RAM. But if that isn't a problem, its worth a go.

I haven't heard of any common problems, although the camera isn't bad at all for the price point.

I suppose the real deciding factor is what else is available for the same price.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
If on a budget, why not the Lumia 535. It's a great phone with 1gb ram, a great front facing camera and a 5inch screen. It is probably the best budget device in the market. It is also more future proof than the Lumia 720 as it has only recently been launched.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6