Accidently deleted Family Room app from Windows 8 phone- can it be re-installed?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does anyone know how to re-install the Family Room app that is pre-installed on Windows phones. Accidently deleted it and can't find it anywhere to re-install it.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You will have to create a new room. Your data should still be in OneDrive. If you want to use the same room name, I would go online and rename the folder in your OneDrive to something else. Go into the People Hub on your phone and hit the + to create a new room. Re-invite people to the room. Go back online and move the data from the old room folder you renamed into the one just created. Everything will sync back up. I just did it 2 months ago.

EDIT-ADD: I must also add that if you had onenote notes, I had to move the note pages from one to the other. Just moving the onenote file may not work. I don't think it will sync up correctly. I maybe wrong, but it worked for me to just move the pages from the old to the new one created. It was a little bit of work but it I got it to work correctly again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99