Windows 10 Preview

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Run it what way? As a virtual machine? As a second partition? Installed over the top of your Windows 7?
A little bit of information goes a long way...

And to be utterly honest with you, if you have to ask that type of question then you shouldn't install it. You don't have the technical skills or knowledge required.

shehryaramjad

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Run it what way? As a virtual machine? As a second partition? Installed over the top of your Windows 7?
A little bit of information goes a long way...

And to be utterly honest with you, if you have to ask that type of question then you shouldn't install it. You don't have the technical skills or knowledge required.

Run it as a freakin' OS like OS's run. Btw, I'm not sure if you know this but you aren't born with the knowledge or the skills, you build on them. And if I asked whether my laptop can run an OS just because I was unsure makes me unknowledgeable? Your logics are surprising! You don't need to respond to this, you're not helping which is why I came here.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Can the Windows 10 Preview run on the HP Pavilion dv8 with Windows 7 Ultimate installed?

Microsoft took the pain to inform the public that we should not use Windows 10 TP as the primary OS.
MS also suggests that one should install Win 10 TP in a virtual machine. The reason being, if it goes berserk, you can simply remove it from the virtual box and no harm will be done to your "real" operating system.
It also warns that one should not install Win 10 TP over the existing OS because one cannot go back to the previous OS without re-installing. However, there was report that many did exactly that and use Win 10 TP as their main OS and have no problems.

I, in stead of using a virtual machine, do dual booting.
I have Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 TP in dual boot. What I said about virtual machine also applies to dual booting. If anything bad is happening in Win 10 TP, all one has to do is to remove the dual boot setup. No harm will be done to the computer.
I also have Win 7 and Win 10 on dual boot in another computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss