Why can't I connect to a workstation via ConnectMe using a Remote Desktop Gateway?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When we had our self signed SSL on Remote Desktop Gateway, we were able to connect just fine from a windows phone as long as we installed our SSL.

We have since switched to a third party SSL from GoDaddy. It appears that WindowsPhone doesn't see GoDaddy as a trusted CA. Because I tried connecting and received an error message that said exactly that. But it gave me the option to Accept. So I clicked accept and still get this error:

"Connection aborted, an error occured during exchange of messages using SSL with remote computer "COMPUTER NAME". Do you want to automatically modify the connection settings to disable SSL and reconnect again"

Of course we wouldn't want to disable SSL, but I tried it anyway and it still didn't work. I also installed the certificate manually and still get the same error.

Any ideas?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
When we had our self signed SSL on Remote Desktop Gateway, we were able to connect just fine from a windows phone as long as we installed our SSL.

We have since switched to a third party SSL from GoDaddy. It appears that WindowsPhone doesn't see GoDaddy as a trusted CA. Because I tried connecting and received an error message that said exactly that. But it gave me the option to Accept. So I clicked accept and still get this error:

"Connection aborted, an error occured during exchange of messages using SSL with remote computer "COMPUTER NAME". Do you want to automatically modify the connection settings to disable SSL and reconnect again"

Of course we wouldn't want to disable SSL, but I tried it anyway and it still didn't work. I also installed the certificate manually and still get the same error.

Any ideas?

The problem is unfortunately not how Windows Phone views GoDaddy certificates. In fact the trusted certificates for the bundled Anywhere access component of Windows Sever Essentials 2012 are through them. I have no solution for you but you might check the certificate for accuracy. As often as not, I have found problems to be due to errors on that front. Beyond that, I must admit that I find Windows Phone to be very fickle with remote access even when everything is completely Microsoft completely around the loop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven