Not getting Denim update on L620 Malaysia CV, anyone with me?

Antony Chan

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello my fellow forum members,

First and foremost, Merry Christmas!!
As per subject, my L620 didn't get the update even though MS stated that the Denim update is available for L620 Malaysia CV.

This is what I tried so far:
- turned off/on Developer Preview (the phone is operate under WP8.1 DP + CYAN)
- reload the phone

I haven't soft/hard reset the phone, doesn't feel necessary at the moment since the phone is a spare phone without sim. :)

Does anyone out there sharing the same fate like me?

Thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do see both those country variants on the list as having Denim...

Is that where the phone is from? Or just your location? It goes by the phone's Region, etc.

Turning off Preview for Developers is a necessary step (I did see where Anthony Chan reported doing this).

Is the battery over 50%? (I failed to get an update once until I charged my phone - everyone said that is not necessary, but as soon as I charged to about 60% my phone "saw the update" where it would not find it before.)

Using WiFi and not cellular data to run the check?

Other than that it might just be a server side problem... A heavy load at the time of request, etc.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
There's one strange thing though. The website states Denim for Lumia 520 CV as having OS version of 8.10.14219.341 and firmware version of 3058.50000.1425.0004. Strange thing is, my phone is running BOTH the same OS version and firmware version.

Pretty sure I DID NOT update my phone for Denim, though I have been checking like crazy, trying all of the above (in case you ask). Also, I thought that people for PFD have more advanced OS version. But WHY is my phone version the same as the one stated on the website? It does not make a tad bit sense, does it?

I'm thinking if this update, (Lumia Denim + WP8.1 GDR1) does not bring any new firmware changes (NONE) to Lumia 520, and that's why we don't get an update prompt. This hypothesis also explains why Extra+Info shows Denim with PFD disabled. That's because only those who have not updated through PFD will get this update. It does not however, explains why it shows Cyan with PFD enabled.

Antony Chan

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I do see both those country variants on the list as having Denim...

Is that where the phone is from? Or just your location? It goes by the phone's Region, etc.

Turning off Preview for Developers is a necessary step (I did see where Anthony Chan reported doing this).

Is the battery over 50%? (I failed to get an update once until I charged my phone - everyone said that is not necessary, but as soon as I charged to about 60% my phone "saw the update" where it would not find it before.)

Using WiFi and not cellular data to run the check?

Other than that it might just be a server side problem... A heavy load at the time of request, etc.

From my past experience, the phone should see the update regardless of the battery level. Though the OS will refuse to install the update if the battery level fall below 30%. Well, so far no luck with Wi-Fi and I'm sure this phone is a Malaysia set. Guess it's either the server end got problem or the info are inaccurate on the website. :)

Antony Chan

May 19, 2014
Visit site
There's one strange thing though. The website states Denim for Lumia 520 CV as having OS version of 8.10.14219.341 and firmware version of 3058.50000.1425.0004. Strange thing is, my phone is running BOTH the same OS version and firmware version.

Pretty sure I DID NOT update my phone for Denim, though I have been checking like crazy, trying all of the above (in case you ask). Also, I thought that people for PFD have more advanced OS version. But WHY is my phone version the same as the one stated on the website? It does not make a tad bit sense, does it?

I'm thinking if this update, (Lumia Denim + WP8.1 GDR1) does not bring any new firmware changes (NONE) to Lumia 520, and that's why we don't get an update prompt. This hypothesis also explains why Extra+Info shows Denim with PFD disabled. That's because only those who have not updated through PFD will get this update. It does not however, explains why it shows Cyan with PFD enabled.

Sorry, please help me understand the term "PFD". I did a quick check about the OS revision and Firmware revision and just like what you said - it's the same as what my L620 had(with Cyan)

QuezadaEsteban

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

The same happened to me. Both firmware and Os have the same number as mine, wish are the cyan numbers even if it says is denim. So probably is a server side issue cause I disabled pfd and nothing showed up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3