Is there an official Facebook app coming to windows phone, one that's really made by Facebook? The Microsoft version has a lot missing...
    12-23-2014 09:31 PM
    Is there an official Facebook app coming to windows phone, one that's really made by Facebook? The Microsoft version has a lot missing...
    I think that is the version that Facebook endorses. I mentioned it in another thread but ill tell you here as well. Go to play.google.com and search for the "official" Facebook app. Read the reviews recent reviews. It appears that Android users don't like the built by facebook one so I suspect we are better off having Microsoft build ours.
    12-23-2014 09:54 PM
    I think that is the version that Facebook endorses. I mentioned it in another thread but ill tell you here as well. Go to play.google.com and search for the "official" Facebook app. Read the reviews recent reviews. It appears that Android users don't like the built by facebook one so I suspect we are better off having Microsoft build ours.
    I don't really like the Android version, but it's sure better than WP's!
    Schnuffi likes this.
    12-23-2014 11:54 PM
    I like the Android version better than WP, if not because of the missing features. Even the ability to change profile picture sseems impossible, even changing the timeline photo.
    12-24-2014 10:16 AM
    I like the Android version better than WP, if not because of the missing features. Even the ability to change profile picture sseems impossible, even changing the timeline photo.
    Off topic but are you using the WindowsCentral app? I get double letters like the "sseems" that you wrote there all the time. Only in that app...
    12-24-2014 08:46 PM
    It doesn't make sense that Facebook won't make their own WP app.
    12-24-2014 09:08 PM
    Off topic but are you using the WindowsCentral app? I get double letters like the "sseems" that you wrote there all the time. Only in that app...
    Well didn't notice that until you pointed it out.
    12-24-2014 11:21 PM
    Well didn't notice that until you pointed it out.
    Oh okay. I was jjustwwonderingas it hhappensto me a lot.

I did nnoteedit my post to illustrate how much it happens.

Editing now: I've noticed it is accompanied by a lack of spacing also right after the double word. Maybe it has to do with the keyboard dictionary for my device. No problem to nuke it!

As for facebook, these companies are seriously lazy. Spend a few bucks(it isn't much to most of them...they waste more on company parties and failed experiments on existing platforms. They should secure more users first and then add new features. Windows phone is millions of users strong and they just ignore us.
    12-25-2014 12:26 PM