Pros of a single sim variant over dual sim.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been wondering for very long if the dual sim is so productive then why most of the companies still love to keep their flagships limited to single sim.... Are there any benifits of having a single sim variant..? Ex:- the two of the latest devices in Lumia line up - 730&830 in which the flagshipISSH 830 comes in single sim only while 730 in dual sim too..... So why is it? And what kind of device will you people recommend me if price doesn't judges the deal.....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dual SIM is useful, but only if you have a use for it.

2 SIMs... one for a personal number, one for business - OR - one for a cheap voice-only plan, one for cheap data-only - OR - one for home, one for travel...

If you need it, get it. If you don't, why bother?

Also there is passive (must be switched via settings) and active (both can be on at the same time).

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Dual SIM is useful, but only if you have a use for it.

2 SIMs... one for a personal number, one for business - OR - one for a cheap voice-only plan, one for cheap data-only - OR - one for home, one for travel...

If you need it, get it. If you don't, why bother?

Also there is passive (must be switched via settings) and active (both can be on at the same time).
What I am asking is if there is any pros of single sim?

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Pros and cons on this literally boil down to need. Do you need a dual SIM phone? A second SIM is, in my eyes, a second cost. Do you find yourself in a place where coverage on one carrier is weak and strong on another and you need to switch SIMs to maintain decent coverage? Are you torn between carriers and don't know which would suit you best? Do you travel and would prefer a dual SIM phone so you don't chance losing your primary SIM by manually switching SIMs?

It's questions like these that would drive most people, not all, to consider a phone with two SIM slots. As far as I can tell there is no functional advantage of a dual SIM phone over a single SIM phone apart from the above scenarios.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I read some articles that in developing countries there is a market for dual SIM and in the western world not. The 630 an 730 are dual SIM. And have no 4G which also would indicate a different market.
So in that sense there is no pro or con for single SIM it is just market strategy of Nokia/Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon