Is there no Denim update for preview for developers users with low end mobiles?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: No denim update for preview for developers users

I don't get why the thread topic says "No denim for pfd" when even the article clearly states pfd users are receiving the update.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: No denim update for preview for developers users with low end mobiles

Okay now he changed the topic to "no denim for low end models"?

What's wrong with u? Just bcos they didn't start the roll out for all models yet it doesn't mean they are being left out.
Besides please stop making misleading thread topics without a solid article to backup ur claims...

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

In the article, it said 'Other developer preview devices such as Lumia 520, Lumia 620, Lumia 625, Lumia 530 and Lumia 720 will not get the update.' This is obviously wrong and false as there is still no official statement from Microsoft about this matter. Why should 'low-end Lumia models' on developers' preview not receive Denim when the ones without Developers' Preview are? Smh at that article lol

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

In the article, it said 'Other developer preview devices such as Lumia 520, Lumia 620, Lumia 625, Lumia 530 and Lumia 720 will not get the update.' This is obviously wrong and false as there is still no official statement from Microsoft about this matter. Why should 'low-end Lumia models' on developers' preview not receive Denim when the ones without Developers' Preview are? Smh at that article lol
He's right. If you think of Denim as firmware, then he's right. Low-end devices don't get denim

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

If you view Denim as a firmware update, low end Lumias didn't get firmware updates this round. Just the OS update. In that sense, they didn't get denim

Older, not low end... E.g. 920 was flagship but only OS update to denim.

Only recent phones have the firmware update to add low level features.

This is actually great as Microsoft can push OS updates much quicker this way.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Older, not low end... E.g. 920 was flagship but only OS update to denim.

Only recent phones have the firmware update to add low level features.

This is actually great as Microsoft can push OS updates much quicker this way.
We haven't seen the 920/820/925 Denim updates yet to judge. And the 928 and 822 didn't get independent Cyan firmware for us to judge

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

If you view Denim as a firmware update, low end Lumias didn't get firmware updates this round. Just the OS update. In that sense, they didn't get denim

Yes the low end models didn't get "hey cortana" and the new camera features but that doesn't mean they didnt get denim.
People need to understand that the whole point of a new firmware update is to optimize the hardware of the phone for the new Os version which is exactly what all Lumias received with denim.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

The guy that wrote the article knows zero about the PFD program. PFD only updates the OS version. It has never, and never will update the firmware. Denim is firmware and is specific to each phone.

All phones will get Denim but what it adds to each model will be different depending on the hardware of the phone.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Yes the low end models didn't get "hey cortana" and the new camera features but that doesn't mean they didnt get denim.
People need to understand that the whole point of a new firmware update is to optimize the hardware of the phone for the new Os version which is exactly what all Lumias received with denim.
Do you think I don't know all that? I'm saying that they literally DO NOT receive any firmware updates. I have one and I can verify. Also, check the availability site and compare firmware build numbers of Denim vs Cyan phones. See if you find it strange that Denim and Cyan apparently have the exact same build numbers

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

This is wrong. For low-end devices, Denim is an OS update only

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Also, check the availability site and compare firmware build numbers of Denim vs Cyan phones. See if you find it strange that Denim and Cyan apparently have the exact same build numbers

I did wonder about this. I have a Lumia 720 using DP and my firmware number matches the availability site Denim number even though I definitely haven't installed Denim. Extras+Info on my phone says I'm on Denim, but I thought that was a bug.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

Also, check the availability site and compare firmware build numbers of Denim vs Cyan phones. See if you find it strange that Denim and Cyan apparently have the exact same build numbers

So they just recompiled Cyan with a new name? That shouldn't be possible.
Besides, even if older phones don't get all the new features, they should at least get some driver updates for the hardware... It's never a bad time to iron out bugs to improve battery...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786