Is there no Denim update for preview for developers users with low end mobiles?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: No denim update for preview for developers users with low end mobiles

So they just recompiled Cyan with a new name? That shouldn't be possible.
Besides, even if older phones don't get all the new features, they should at least get some driver updates for the hardware... It's never a bad time to iron out bugs to improve battery...
They didn't recompile cyan. They simply didn't update the firmware at all.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

They didn't recompile cyan. They simply didn't update the firmware at all.

Then how can the OS tell apart Cyan and Denim? If there is 0 change to firmware, the OS will keep reading it as Cyan.
This should become a thread by itself. If there are literally zero changes in firmware, then what was all the hype about? MS is just trying to keep the community satisfied by pushing updates that aren't really updates.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Then how can the OS tell apart Cyan and Denim? If there is 0 change to firmware, the OS will keep reading it as Cyan.
This should become a thread by itself. If there are literally zero changes in firmware, then what was all the hype about? MS is just trying to keep the community satisfied by pushing updates that aren't really updates.

That's were another bizarre bug comes to play. Some users were reporting that when they updated extras+info while on cyan and their extras+info started to show that they were on denim...

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

That's were another bizarre bug comes to play. Some users were reporting that when they updated extras+info while on cyan and their extras+info started to show that they were on denim...

So both these things are related? Hm. Well, if the 930/1520 users were affected by this bug (who did get the complete Denim update) then it was a legitimate bug that had nothing to do with firmware. But if that bug only affected the older phones, then MS just pulled a fast one on the majority. No wonder the Denim rollout is so quick considering that it's just an OS update that MS has had available for a long time now.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I will clear everyone with the right answer!

Denim update only provides a firmware change on the 930, icon and 1520.

All other phones will get a renamed cyan update! This update will give the latest version of windows operating system that's currently running on preview for developers!

Microsoft doesn't change anything on low end phones ( maybe an odd driver tweak). once again only the icon, 930 and 1520 are getting major changes to their firmware!

I suspect all of us will say denim so we can start fresh for emerald or what ever the next firmware is! Think of it as a clean slate.

If you post after this about another question seriously learn to read posts it has been answered before my post too! Also if you post shows how much of an ***** you are!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

I will clear everyone with the right answer!

Denim update only provides a firmware change on the 930, icon and 1520.

All other phones will get a renamed cyan update! This update will give the latest version of windows operating system that's currently running on preview for developers!

Microsoft doesn't change anything on low end phones ( maybe an odd driver tweak). once again only the icon, 930 and 1520 are getting major changes to their firmware!

I suspect all of us will say denim so we can start fresh for emerald or what ever the next firmware is! Think of it as a clean slate.

If you post after this about another question seriously learn to read posts it has been answered before my post too! Also if you post shows how much of an ***** you are!

Last paragraph killed me laughing 😂

shauntipson

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Question I got 930cv England unlocked. If I put a Vodafone sim in it will it update the phone to denim. Or as it got to be locked to Vodafone to works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo