Why has my Nokia Lumia 1020 has stopped charging?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my nokia lumia 1020 has stopped charging -

I've already bought a new recommended data /charging cable thinking that would solve it but it hasn't? I've also tried the soft reset which worked for the freezing problems and my time and dates are messing up again now there's no battery for it to come back on ..

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: my nokia lumia 1020 has stopped charging -

I've already bought a new recommended data /charging cable thinking that would solve it but it hasn't? I've also tried the soft reset which worked for the freezing problems and my time and dates are messing up again now there's no battery for it to come back on ..

Soft reset includes resetting the date and time, so that is normal.

For your charging issue. Is your phone really not charging or won't it just power up? The phone needs a minimum charge for it to power up, so when the battery gets fully drained (especially immediately after a few restarts/resets) it is expected that the phone won't start up. Just leave it plugged in to a charger for around 30 minutes and try to power it up again.

If this still doesn't work, then the battery might have been damaged especially if it has been drained completely repeatedly. In this case, the battery needs to be replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos