Data transfer into new phone ??

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Am planning to get a new wp upgrade and I want to knw how to transfer every thing from the old phone to the new one

.. And it is possible to transfer apps with the progress too ?!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is it you want to transfer? E-Mails, contacts and such are stored in the cloud, so they will be available right away, once you've setup your device. Text messages and other stuff are backed up in the cloud too, so you can restore them on your new device during the setup process. Apps and games are part of that backup as well, you still need to download them by going through your apps list and tapping them once to trigger the installation process. Their respective data is an entirely different story. If you're lucky, you're using apps and games that already support either Facebook or any other cloud saving technique or even the WP 8.1 feature roaming profiles. In these cases you're good, as it will automatically recover your settings and progress. If the apps are older or not yet updated to make use of either of these features, you're out of luck, as you will lose settings and all your progress.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
What exactly is it you want to transfer? E-Mails, contacts and such are stored in the cloud, so they will be available right away, once you've setup your device. Text messages and other stuff are backed up in the cloud too, so you can restore them on your new device during the setup process. Apps and games are part of that backup as well, you still need to download them by going through your apps list and tapping them once to trigger the installation process. Their respective data is an entirely different story. If you're lucky, you're using apps and games that already support either Facebook or any other cloud saving technique or even the WP 8.1 feature roaming profiles. In these cases you're good, as it will automatically recover your settings and progress. If the apps are older or not yet updated to make use of either of these features, you're out of luck, as you will lose settings and all your progress.

Thnxx :) . So is there any list to define which is capable of that and which isn't.. I.e. How can I knw ?!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
In terms of apps? Unfortunately not. A good hint is checking the store if the app is universal. If it is, it's most likely making use of roaming profiles.
Mmm ; so I think 'am gonna give it a try and see if i can determine the apps manually,also will back up the setting to the cloud .. Thanks for help ;)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you let us know which apps do and do not backup in the cloud if you find out.

That'd be a long list. :) Like I said, a good rule of thumb is checking if an app is universal or not. If it is, it supports roaming profiles. If an app or game supports Facebook login, chances for cloud saving are pretty high too. Even though that's not a guarantee in this case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon