Why my lumia can't install .xap files from windows store?it dont show any micro SD card option?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi guys,recently bought this lumia 535 phone,and then i read how to install app manually by put the .xap files in sd card root storage, right?and wait until 5-20 minutes,go to windows store and then click 3 dots and it will show up the SD card option BUT i do the same process and nothing happens?why it dont show up the SD card menu? i try to reset it many times but it still nothing..help please

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Is your phone developer unlocked? It needs to be for you to install apps. Also, I think the option you describe only applies when that app is also in the store.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Does developer unlocked phones gets future updates like Windows 10 ??
Developer unlocked or unlocked through the preview for developers? Big difference. If its the first, to my understanding you have to be an approved msdn developer nit just someone who can post apps to the store to be able to truly use the device. And if so you can not only get updates, they are far ahead of the builds out there. If ita the latter yes, but it will nit be through the current app

Suraj Joseph

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What I need to know is I bought a new Lumia 730 and I need to unlock to install paid apps . So my question is by unlocking the device whether does it blocks any future official updates by windows ??

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
What I need to know is I bought a new Lumia 730 and I need to unlock to install paid apps . So my question is by unlocking the device whether does it blocks any future official updates by windows ??

If you download (payed) apps from the store to a SD card you do not need to unlock your phone. Just follow below manual.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-from-an-sd-card

If you want to install hacked apps I have to warn you that this is illegal and communication about it is prohibited on WC forums.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,recently bought this lumia 535 phone,and then i read how to install app manually by put the .xap files in sd card root storage, right?and wait until 5-20 minutes,go to windows store and then click 3 dots and it will show up the SD card option BUT i do the same process and nothing happens?why it dont show up the SD card menu? i try to reset it many times but it still nothing..help please

What Harrie says. vvv Follow the instructions on his link.

^^^ This does not get around any factors that would normally keep an App from installing. It MUST appear in the catalog for your phone's Region. It MUST be currently published. It MUST show you paid for it if it is a premium app.

Does developer unlocked phones gets future updates like Windows 10 ??

Developer unlocked or unlocked through the preview for developers? Big difference. If its the first, to my understanding you have to be an approved msdn developer nit just someone who can post apps to the store to be able to truly use the device. And if so you can not only get updates, they are far ahead of the builds out there. If ita the latter yes, but it will nit be through the current app

Yes. A developer unlocked phone gets normal OTA updates by the Phone's Region/Country/Model/Carrier or Country Variant. This would be different from a Developer Phone which has a special ROM. Developer Phones are given out to developers at special events and conferences. They would be considered their own special "Region."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs