My surface died and i went to charge it but it is not charging. I know the outlet works and I have unplugged and plugged it in countless times and tried different outlets but I cannot get it to charge.
    12-29-2014 06:13 PM
    Is your charger's LED light on the charging connector on? Does your Surface power on, but not charge (X% Battery, Plugged in, not charging)?
    12-29-2014 07:27 PM
    The only advice I'd have is to double and triple check the actual magnetic connection to the surface. Make sure that light is on.

I know that I've had times where the seating was just slightly off. It looks like it's fine, but the light is not on. So there is no charging going on.
    12-29-2014 08:21 PM
    Besides the comments already given, there's one last thing I can suggest. This is a long shot, but if you're sure that the magnetic connector is attached correctly on the surface, then does it help to (gently!) twist or move the wall wart when it's plugged in? This actually happened to me with a refurbished unit. The prongs that go into the wall outlet on the charger weren't making a good connection internally in the unit, and the Surface wouldn't charge unless I fiddled with it. Fortunately the Microsoft Store replaced the charger for me, no questions asked.
    12-29-2014 11:19 PM