Why won't tablet installed paid apps install for free on Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why won't tablet installed paid apps install for free on windows phone

I have installed the plex app on my windows tablet. It is said to be compatible for both as well as a "download once for any device". When I got to windows phone app store it is requesting I purchase it again. I have used the same login credentials for both my tablet and my phone.

JasCola

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why won't tablet installed paid apps install for free on windows phone

I was actually just wondering the same thing. I have installed many universal apps and have had no issues between my phone and Surface. I haven't bought the plex app, but recently bought the Wolfram Alfa universal app and went to install on my phone, and it wants me to pay again.

Reddeviluk

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm very new to all this, just finding my way through my first windows phone... But pretty sure I managed this by going into my account on the second device, then my apps, it shows as being owned there (as in already paid), then just install from that screen.....

Good luck,

Rich

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

For some apps you have to push the buy button but you actual do not have to buy them.

JasCola

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

That works, very odd as this was the first time I had seen this behavior. Every other time I installed the app on one device it showed up in my install history on the other and I could just download straight from there. Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3