Can I use Google Voice on my Windows Phone?

danyzfr6

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Apps on Windows Phone 8.1

Hi guys,

Just got my first Windows Phone for work (Samsung Ativ SE on Verizon) and had a few questions re Google Services. I use Hangouts and Google Play Music a lot on my Android phone. In your experience, what are the best messaging clients for use with Hangouts (i.e. Google Talk.) And what is the best app to use for Google Play Music? I read that G Music works well, just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.

And does anyone know if one can use Google Voice on Windows Phone?

Lastly, are the Windows Phone Store and the Windows Store on computers running Windows 8.1 the same? Or are they completely separate stores? I.e. if I buy, say, IM+ on a Windows Phone, will I get to use it on my Surface or would I have to buy the Surface version too?

Thanks.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Apps on Windows Phone 8.1

Hi guys,

Just got my first Windows Phone for work (Samsung Ativ SE on Verizon) and had a few questions re Google Services. I use Hangouts and Google Play Music a lot on my Android phone. In your experience, what are the best messaging clients for use with Hangouts (i.e. Google Talk.) And what is the best app to use for Google Play Music? I read that G Music works well, just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.

And does anyone know if one can use Google Voice on Windows Phone?

Lastly, are the Windows Phone Store and the Windows Store on computers running Windows 8.1 the same? Or are they completely separate stores? I.e. if I buy, say, IM+ on a Windows Phone, will I get to use it on my Surface or would I have to buy the Surface version too?

Thanks.
Use Nimbuzz http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=dbff9b0e-7c9d-4914-b56a-9d6052a9a7c2 for GTalk and for google music IDK about it. But there is similar services like Xbox Music here.
If you want to wait Nokia MixRadio now part of LINE so the apps most likely land to all Windows phone

For google voice try http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=220bfbf2-ee02-496c-a656-651a6c0c6518 the official google search apps. Still I think you better use Cortana here.

Some of the apps is universal apps. When you view the details on WP store. Sometimes it says "Get once, download on compatible windows devices" it means that the apps are universal apps and once purchased you have it on both WP and windows 8

Paul215821

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I do not use Google services, so I can't answer those questions other than that Google does not, nor will it likely in any near future, offer official Google apps other than the search app. So you will have to try third-party apps, if they exist.

As for your store question, it depends. The stores are (for now) separate. But a lot of apps that are in both stores will be connected, so if you pay for the phone version, you'll also get the desktop version, or vice versa. There's an icon in the store that signifies if an app is available for multiple windows versions, aka universal apps.

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I've ended up ditching most of my ties with Google and don't use any of the products you mentioned so I can't quite speak on that.

Re: Windows and Windows Store apps, what you're looking for is universal apps. Apps that are universal will have it explicitly marked. Buying those apps on any one device will make it available on others too. However the store is not the same on phone and PC yet.

IM+ is not universal. Chat apps tend to never be universal.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

I've ended up ditching most of my ties with Google and don't use any of the products you mentioned so I can't quite speak on that.

Re: Windows and Windows Store apps, what you're looking for is universal apps. Apps that are universal will have it explicitly marked. Buying those apps on any one device will make it available on others too. However the store is not the same on phone and PC yet.

IM+ is not universal. Chat apps tend to never be universal.
Don't forget Google mail. It can instantly configured with build in email.
Try Google search apps. But I think you're gonna disappointed on I though.
Cortana is great on search give a shot

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I personally use IM+ on my phone for GTalk.

There was some good Google Voice apps, but Google killed those third-party solutions, because you know, Google.
(OK fine, it was for alleged "security reasons" but still.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786