How do I copy contacts from my old phone which are in single VCF file?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to copy contacts from my old phone which are in single VCF file

Hi,

I lost my old phone in an accident, lucky that i had a backup vcf file which have all my contacts in single file. How can i import those contacts into my Lumia 730? Anyone help pls....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to copy contacts from my old phone which are in single VCF file

see below link

Import vCard with multiple contacts into Windows Phone 8 - Microsoft Community

i have lumia 520,i have imported correctly my contacts from vcf file, with app "Transfer my Data",put the vcf file on the root of sd card,then open Transfer my Data,swipe from down to top it open a menu with the options,select import from sd card,and wait to the end of operation.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Update if your phone was a windows phone than if you use the same ms account on your new phone than they will automatically be copied back on your phone. For other OS add the account and you also have them.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Another option is going to people.live.com . I guess it allows importing contracts from csv files. Maybe it supports vcf too. If not, you can convert it to CSV. (just search for vcf online converters)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

"Transfer My Data" is the name of a 3rd party app from Microsoft Mobile. Get it from the WP Store.

Transferring from SD card is only supported on certain phones, and I don't know which phones those are. If SD not supported, then only Bluetooth is supported.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa