[L930] Double tap to wake doesn't work?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys.....I have owned a Nokia Lumia 930 for about a year now and I have dropped it a few times...
And now sometimes the double tap to wake doesn't work and when I call the screen goes off and when I put my ear away from it it doesn't go on again....but sometimes they just work without me doing anything
I don't know what to do!!..if I reset the phone could that help??
There is no Nokia service nearby nor a Microsoft one....so I need some help pleasssssssssse...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the proximity sensor is being tripped. (but whether its working properly or not, I'm not sure yet)

Make sure the top part of the phone isn't obstructed, since the phone disables the double tap and the screen during a call when it thinks something is close to it. (like being against your face or in your pocket so you don't cheek dial the phone or wake it up in your pocket.)

I'd clean the screen, remove any screen protector, and soft reset first. (power + volume down for 10-15 seconds.)
I wouldn't reset just yet since I believe its either a quick fix/usage change or a hardware issue which a hard reset wont help.

I'd ship it off for service if everything doesn't help. Hopefully the warranty would help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon