Has anyone replaced a screen and digitizer for the nokia lumia 830?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I dropped my lumia 830 and it cracked the screen pretty badly. I ordered an have the replacement screen with the digitizer, however I can find videos galore for every phone but the 830. Any help is welcomed.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What did you drop it on? Doesn't the 830 have Gorilla glass?
It's more about where the glass made impact with the surface. There is no lip around the screen so it is easy to impact a corner.

If you want to know how big the crack is you look at what it was dropped on haha

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, an easy solution to the lack of lip around the screen is to get a case that has one, right? My Trident case has a rubber and plastic-enforced lip around the corners of the screen. I suppose its not really a solution for people who like the inter-changeable shells, though.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, an easy solution to the lack of lip around the screen is to get a case that has one, right? My Trident case has a rubber and plastic-enforced lip around the corners of the screen. I suppose its not really a solution for people who like the inter-changeable shells, though.

True. Not a big fan of cases on phones like the 830 though.
Not some generic cookie cutter plastic phone

Would be great if Lumias had the amount of quality case options available for iPhones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo