Why does my phone turn off when it falls?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For about a week my phone would shut down at even the slightest movement, such as me picking it up off the table or by my walking while it was in my pocket. I also experienced charging issues during this time. I have now reset it and it has improved but it still turns off when it takes minor impacts such as dropping it on the bed or falling a short distance. What can I do? Again, I have already reset it.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Let me guess. Your phone is the Lumia 520? I had the same problem. The thing with that phone is the battery is so loose that yes even touching the phone would make it turn off. It's realm an annoying thing.

I loved my Lumia 520 but, that really made me upgrade soon (to a Lumia 830). I'm not sure but it seems like that because of the first 3 times that the phone fell was what cause the battery to get loose. Because, every time it fell the battery got out because of the hit. Do that might or might not have something to do with this.

Anyways, honestly I believe the is no fix other than to get another phone. Because the problem is not the battery itself but the phone. Assuming that you do have a Lumia 520. The phone connects to the battery with some like "metal sticks" that if damaged/loose it basically gonna happen what your are experiencing.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the battery is loose. If it's a model with a replaceable battery, try sticking since folded paper and stuff between the cover and battery.

I used to do this with my 520. But, really it's only a temporary solution. Because after two months or so, the same problem started to happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans