Why am I getting the error code 80860006?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

error code 80860006 can'tdownload updates started after windows up date was completed

After windows 8 down load I lost volume control, can't down load updates,getting error code 80860006

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: error code 80860006 can'tdownload updates started after windows up date was completed

That looks like an update error code, if so this info might help.

Two main reasons for this kind of error are an interruption of the data connection (strongly recommend WiFi - you may have used all your allotted data) and running out of storage space (if you have updated to WP 8.1, you can use the new Storage Sense app to move apps+data to SD card, or perhaps uninstall less used apps to make room.

Janet Grainge

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: error code 80860006 can'tdownload updates started after windows up date was completed

I'm having the exact same problem (with same error code), but it seems related to a sign-in to a live.com account that was set up when I bought the phone. I've never used the account, so am unable to reset password on Microsoft (which requires a list of email contacts and subjects never used). I'm hitting dead ends with MS customer service, as they keep asking me for this info to set password, and I can't get them to switch from live.com to an active outlook.com user name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3