Where can I get an unlocked phone?

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Questions and more than that i need to convince myself again...

Hi,

So to be especific, Im a happy owner of a L720 (unlocked from Hong Kong) with the new Lumia Denim and I more than happy, been a costumer from T-mobile and now they are offering 4G LTE unlimited Im going to buy a new pone, bc L720 doesnt have 4G, So far everything its okey but here just star my problems...

I like to buy unlockeds phones for two reason , one its that I dont have to wait the carrier release the actualization(black,cyan, denim,etc) and the second its bc its unlocked i can send to my family on South America), this been said South America carriers use the same band of T-Mobile, thats why Im a costumer from them plus they have a good coverage here in Orlando.

The second part of my problem, its the Microsoft Store doesnt sell a L1520 o L930 unlocked (L1520 its with AT&T and L930 its Icon from Verizon already discontinued) so I thought in the L830, but the snapdragon 400 isnt enough it doesnt deliver a good experience like a sp800, so going back to my 2 options, I can get the L930 or the "unicorn" 1520.3 from BH photo and video , first thing its the L930 wont get 4G LTE on T-mobile bc doesnt suport the 4 band , and the "unicorn" it does but both pones doesnt have US warranty and thats a big issues that give me back. By now T-Mo has the HTC M8 for Windows and i know i can unlock after 6 months but it just not a Lumia, having a sp 801 and with all the specs its just not a Lumia, I went to a store to feel on hand and I can say that i dont feel (like) to watch ?"HTC" instead of "Nokia" on the front, plus I have my own doubt if HTC will give suport to this mobile.

Now been on this situation , plus the fact they remove from the market the App "6tag" from Rudy and the lack of games, It cross on my mind to jump to Android (which I hate) with a Oneplus One , Samsung Note 3 or 4, Xiomi, etc for a while waiting until a flagship Lumia been sell unlocked here on US.

I remember when i used to read to ppl saying that they were leaving WP plataform to go back to Android or iOS I just to thought "they werent enough fan" , but been me on the same situation i started to doubt of myslef on this plataform.

For the ppl how have read so far, Im just asking an advice or any opinion, sound to be the end of the world maybe in the way how i writte all this, but for me jump to another plataform will be really shocking.

Thanks for reading and any advice/opinion its really apreciaded.

Ps.- Sorry for my english , isnt the best.

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Questions and more than that i need to convince myself again...

Try somewhere such as ebay or amazon for unlocked phones.

As for which type, do USA and South America use the same bands for LTE etc?

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Im planning to stay on T-MO for a while I like the plan "pay as you go" and now they are oferring 2 lines 4G LTE unlimitted for 100$ , so my principal concern its to get a Lumia with 4G LTE conection on T-Mo and that doesnt by attached to the carrier.

I`ve already look on ebay and amazon, but it would be the same if I buy from BH photo , the US warranty its a bigg issue.

And looking deeper on the suport of T-Mo i read that if you register the IMEI from any Nokia they will provide warranty even if its a L930 or L1520.3 , but I cant be 100% of this information, usually always they said that this phones doesnt have US warranty.

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

So, I just came back from the Microsoft store today , and they told me they dont cover the warranty of old lumias, they said Nokia should cover and of the "new lumias" Microsoft will do it.

I went to have the "on hand" experience and as son I touch -see the L830 I was totally in love, such an amazing design , I very similar to the Icon but on hand I felt this one so much better than Icon/930, and I also play of course with the 1520 just to look if the size is not a problem.

To be honest I open netflix on the L1520 just to watch the screen display and I wasnt so amazed, I liked more the colors on the L830.

Such a dificult decisi?n, I asked and the told me they dont sell L830 unlocked, so a shame , even with the spec been a middle class, I would buy it.

Once again, its so dificult to buy an unlocked Lumia compatible with 4G LTE on TMO.??

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The International Unlocked 830 that sells at B&H Photo is compatible with T-Mo LTE...

When looking at Unlocked models check for LTE Bands 2, 4, 17 or 700/1700/1900 MHz.

oshintao

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Yeap, the version RM-985 from L830 its compatible with LTE from T-Mo and they are selling unlocked also now at Microsoft Store witha Price of 499$, really expensive to be an "affordable " flagship.; back once again you have the US warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999