Why can't I restore the content of my WP 8.1 after switching to a new Microsoft account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cannot restore content of my WP 8.1 after switching to new microsoft account

In order to be able to access a different set of outlook contacts I switched over to a new Microsoft Account on my Lumia 1020 WP 8.1.
Before I switched over I backed up my data using the regular WP back-up function.
After I switched to a new Microsoft Account (which resets my WP) it seems I can only recover the old backed-up content on One Drive by resetting the Phone.
Is there any way around this. I just want to restore my old content (pics & video's) and leave my WP as it is.
P.S. I also tried to recover old deleted content on my WP using data recovery software but the software cannot access the device.
Any help and/or suggestions are very much appreaciated!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cannot restore content of my WP 8.1 after switching to new microsoft account

In order to be able to access a different set of outlook contacts I switched over to a new Microsoft Account on my Lumia 1020 WP 8.1.
Before I switched over I backed up my data using the regular WP back-up function.
After I switched to a new Microsoft Account (which resets my WP) it seems I can only recover the old backed-up content on One Drive by resetting the Phone.
Is there any way around this. I just want to restore my old content (pics & video's) and leave my WP as it is.
P.S. I also tried to recover old deleted content on my WP using data recovery software but the software cannot access the device.
Any help and/or suggestions are very much appreaciated!

There's no way around it, that back up is backed up to your old account and you can't just move it over to the new one.

Any documents, pictures and other content in OneDrive can be moved to the new account manually though.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot restore content of my WP 8.1 after switching to new microsoft account

Factory reset your phone, use the old (previous) Microsoft Account during set up and restore the old back up...

Once that is done, use the desired account you want to add contacts from simply in an email capacity...

Settings > email + accounts > add an account > outlook.com > link that account and sync whatever you want from there.

Windows Phone is great at integrating multiple accounts. Leverage that power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs