On my Lumia 800, why won't my Windows Phone on Macbook Pro recognise it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 800 -- Windows Phone on Macbook Pro won't recognise it

Nothing I do will make windows phone on Macbook Pro 10.10.1 recognize Lumia 800. It says something "connecting to Windows device" and it will charge the phone, but does not list it in the device list.
any ideas?

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 800 -- Windows Phone on Macbook Pro won't recognise it

It won't work as far as I know as your getting two different operating systems to work together. Its like expecting a diesel car to run on unleaded. Both similar but just wont work together

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 800 -- Windows Phone on Macbook Pro won't recognise it

It won't work as far as I know as your getting two different operating systems to work together. Its like expecting a diesel car to run on unleaded. Both similar but just wont work together

That doesn't make any sense. The iPhone works with both Windows and OSX, and so does Android. Windows Phone uses MTP, just like Android, you just need a program to recognize it and do the transfers. Android has Android File Transfer, and Windows Phone has a program for OSX as well, Laura provided the link for it.

robertB_a

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I am new to this forum and my formatting is not good.
But many thanks for the replies so far.

My reply to the question if I have tried Windows Phone for Mac is yes.
I am using version 3.1.1 since that was the latest version I could find.

My Lumia 800 software is Windows Phone 7.5
I don't know if that is too old to work with Windows Phone for Mac 3.1.1, but if so, I don't really know what I can do.

Thanks again for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium