Is the upgrage to WP8.1 on the wind mobile network in Canada available?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Upgrage to WP8.1 on the wind mobile network Canada

Is WP8.1 "network dependent" ? Can I upgrade? How?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgrage to WP8.1 on the wind mobile network Canada

Phones update by their Region/Country/Carrier/Model... Wherever you are and whatever carrier you are on does not matter. Go by the phone's origin.

Not knowing what device you have, I will assume it is a Lumia since that is 90% of the WP phones out there. Look up your phone on these tables. Software update for Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia

If it looks like you are owed an update, try Settings > phone update... If your phone is not finding one, make sure you are on WiFi as that is required for large file downloads... Also make sure your Microsoft Account can sync...

If all else fails and you want to erase your data to get the update, use the tool and instructions here. FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - UK The Lumia Software Recovery Tool will only flash the latest official OS and firmware to your Lumia.

If you have a Samsung, HTC or some other device; check inside the proper device forum for advice from users. http://forums.windowscentral.com/#more-windows-phone-devices

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05