How do I erase my stolen phone?

itamarg

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
can't erase stolen phone

Hello

I have stolen the phone and I went to the site and Windows Phone remotely reset the device I get the following message:

We're sorry but we can not erase your phone right now. If you'd like, we can keep trying and send you an email if we erase it.

Urgent please i really would like to have information really important to do ????

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: can't erase stolen phone

I assume you meant your phone has been stolen, and not that you stole it...

Sounds like it can't contact to the phone either due to sim card being pulled or no signal. Sadly the phone needs a connection to get a erase signal.
The service will keep trying...

G.

itamarg

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Indeed :)

I canceled the SIM. I checked the other device whatsapp and saw my number online. I sent a message but did not answer (the message was called).
Now I realize that the man who stole my phone looking at the information !.

What can I do? Keep trying to erase the device through the find my phone?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Are you able to lock the phone? When you do a phone lock, you can personalize a message to display on the lock screen, and enter a 4 digit pin that is required to be entered before it can be unlocked, even if the phone doesn't currently have a password.

It may not be full erasure, but will seriously slow someone down who has the phone until you are able to get it erased.

Also, does the locate phone function work? If so, give the information to law enforcement and lock the phone. It may keep your info safe long enough to get the phone recovered.

itamarg

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

SIM card canceled in the evening. The attempt to erase the device and tried to lock it all day.
Location services are not working.
When I try to lock the device, I get an error message similar.

itamarg

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Update: I called to network provider and asked them to block the device.
Tne Network provider told me that it is possible to block the device according to the device's IMEI.
I hope this is true and the devie is blocked ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05