Which is the best antivirus for my Lumia 535?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

which is the best antivirus for lumia 535

need antivirus for window phone

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: which is the best antivirus for lumia 535

I'm not sure you do. I've never heard of a Windows Phone being successfully hacked; at a hacking event, they could only launch an attack by putting an SD card in the phone physically, and even then it only gave them very limited control (forget the details). Windows Phone is hyper secure.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

A Windows desktop virus couldn't harm a Windows phone due to the type of processors. Desktops run x64 or x86 processors whereas Windows phone is an ARM processor. Most viruses are written for x86 or x64 processors. You're one could link with an infected PC and carry that virus until it was synced with another PC and spread the virus that way but the phone wouldn't be affected. The reason why Android suffers from viruses is because though they run ARM processors, their apps are written in Java by unscrupulous developers whereas WP apps are coded in C++. Hopefully Windows 10 won't open a backdoor for Android/Java apps if they should go down the route of running Android apps.

Lumiapprentice

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I wonder why then does Microsoft.com support site for Lumia state the following: "Install antivirus and other security software on your device and any connected computer. Only use one antivirus app at a time. Using more may affect performance and operation of the device and/or computer.". Microsoft are obviously not so confident as their devotees appear to be, yet they give a blanket advisory which they have no actual app for in their store. That looks pretty sloppy to me.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why then does Microsoft.com support site for Lumia state the following: "Install antivirus and other security software on your device and any connected computer. Only use one antivirus app at a time. Using more may affect performance and operation of the device and/or computer.". Microsoft are obviously not so confident as their devotees appear to be, yet they give a blanket advisory which they have no actual app for in their store. That looks pretty sloppy to me.

The only thing sloppy here is that the website hasn't updated its standard text after Nokia stopped using Symbian OS. I'm pretty sure that article has been reported as being inaccurate many times, but not been updated.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

First people need to make viruses for wp for someone to make an anti virus. For now you can be care free without bothering yourself about viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise