Lumia camera: Update for denim

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Was just checking In the store in check for update and got a notification of Lumia camera update. Much faster than the previous one.

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Was just checking In the store in check for update and got a notification of Lumia camera update. Much faster than the previous one.
I have Lumia 830 ..when i was checking app updates..my phone shows update for Lumia camera classic (No change log)
So i checked the store for "Lumia Camera" ...there it is waiting for me to download :p

But sad news is when i tried to open it it shows me message about update your phone to "Lumia Denim" to use this application!!! ..what's wrong with you Microsoft?? I have Lumia 830 (Denim pre-installed) anyway.. I tried checking for any phone update but ..no my phone is having latest update

Anyway guys try your luck and please reply me 830,930,1520&icon users (what it shows to you?) best of luck..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Please, stop saying "demin". It's DENIM!

So what is the differences between denim and DENIM. In words I see the different because one is in low case and the other in capitals. But how can I hear the difference if I say (pronounce) it. Or is it a different firmware?

Last edited:

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
So what is the differences between demin and DEMIN. In words I see the different because one is in low case and the other in capitals. But how can I hear the difference if I say (pronounce) it. Or is it a different firmware?

Because... It's deNIM and not deMIN

It's starting to get annoying, though I don't blame those will spelt it wrongly. Sometimes they just don't know, and it's not right either...

So.. I forgive you. Spell correctly next time kay?

Thanks.

vdfl

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have Lumia 830 ..when i was checking app updates..my phone shows update for Lumia camera classic (No change log)
So i checked the store for "Lumia Camera" ...there it is waiting for me to download :p

But sad news is when i tried to open it it shows me message about update your phone to "Lumia Denim" to use this application!!! ..what's wrong with you Microsoft?? I have Lumia 830 (Denim pre-installed) anyway.. I tried checking for any phone update but ..no my phone is having latest update

Anyway guys try your luck and please reply me 830,930,1520&icon users (what it shows to you?) best of luck..
Official news:

Get all the great camera features in one app. This version of Lumia Camera works on Lumia 520, 520T, 521, 525, 526, 530, 530 Dual SIM, 620, 625, 630, 630 Dual SIM, 635, 636, 636 4G, 638 4G, 720, 720T, 820, 920, 920T, 925, 925T, and 1020.

◦Shoot photos, record videos, or use smart mode to take multiple shots with just one tap or key press
◦Take that great photo fast with auto mode, or switch to sports or night mode with a tap
◦Add motion to your photos ? Living Images capture a brief moment of video with every photo you take, so they seem alive when you browse them in Camera Roll or Lumia Storyteller
◦Take control into your own hands, and change the settings manually to match your creative idea
◦Edit your photo as many times as you wish ? the original photo stays intact
◦Download the latest version of Lumia Camera from Store ? for free. Data charges may apply.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Official news:

Get all the great camera features in one app. This version of Lumia Camera works on Lumia 520, 520T, 521, 525, 526, 530, 530 Dual SIM, 620, 625, 630, 630 Dual SIM, 635, 636, 636 4G, 638 4G, 720, 720T, 820, 920, 920T, 925, 925T, and 1020.

◦Shoot photos, record videos, or use smart mode to take multiple shots with just one tap or key press
◦Take that great photo fast with auto mode, or switch to sports or night mode with a tap
◦Add motion to your photos – Living Images capture a brief moment of video with every photo you take, so they seem alive when you browse them in Camera Roll or Lumia Storyteller
◦Take control into your own hands, and change the settings manually to match your creative idea
◦Edit your photo as many times as you wish – the original photo stays intact
◦Download the latest version of Lumia Camera from Store – for free. Data charges may apply.

Where is your link please?

Peter Beech

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I have the 830, and had exactly the same problem - i.e. installed it, but it says I need Denim! - which the 830 has. I've been waiting for this for ages. I know people are saying it's not the real or full Denim, but this is a really confusing situation. When will the 830 get the full Denim? And wasn't Lumia Camera supposed to appear for the 830 when it was ready to put onto it? Has anybody with an 830 been able to update to a 'final' Denim? If not, why has Lumia Camera now appeared in the store for us 830 owners?

The app's store description says this:
"The new Lumia Camera is available for Lumia 830, Lumia 930, Lumia Icon and Lumia 1520 as part of the Lumia Denim update. To get the latest software update for your phone, go to Settings > Phone Update. Find out more about the Lumia Denim update online at microsoft.com/mobile/lumia-update."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2