i cannot find my back up files in one drive like my apps downloaded and settings
    01-08-2015 02:44 AM
    That's because they're in a hidden section on OneDrive for security reasons.
    01-08-2015 03:04 AM
    Use this link - Learn about Windows Phone backup | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

In the section under Delete Backups there is information to where they are. They're only accessible through the online version of OneDrive as far as I know.

You can't do much with them.
    01-08-2015 03:09 AM
    i have already seen my "backed up" apps/files on onedrive via desktop
    its somewhat like a zip file
    i just dont know how to reinstall them on my phone =/

whats the purpose of backing up your stuff on one drive if you cannot reinstall them on your phone?
    01-08-2015 06:02 AM
    whats the purpose of backing up your stuff on one drive if you cannot reinstall them on your phone?
    They get restored when you preform a factory reset or you buy a new handset and set it up.
    01-08-2015 06:10 AM
    i have already seen my "backed up" apps/files on onedrive via desktop
    its somewhat like a zip file
    i just dont know how to reinstall them on my phone =/

The restore function happens after a hard reset or after use of the Recovery Software Tool and you login. This is a safeguard to prevent just anyone downloading your backed up data.

The backup is only for emergency purposes and not for every day backup. You should have your photos and personal documents stored on OneDrive or some other drive so that if something happens you have that data.
    Force2Reckon likes this.
    01-08-2015 06:11 AM