Why has my Google Account been syncing forever (wp8.1 Denim, 1520)?

moegnd

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Google Account been syncing forever! wp8.1 Denim, 1520

So, I rested my phone recently, about 2 weeks ago. then, I restored it from my last back up which had all my accounts ready, including the Google account. since I live in China, google is blocked, and I didn't have the chance to set up my vpn before restoring the phone of course. so, google account has been greyed out in the accounts page and labeled "sycing...". I can't even delete it or stop it from syncing, I tried everything including connecting to the vpn and soft resetting the phone.

if anyone had the same problem, or has an idea how to fix it, that would be awesome, cuz I already ran out of ideas.

my next step is hard resetting the phone and starting over again, since I have the vpn setup on a router now, but I still would prefer a simpler way.

I have a pic to upload, but can't find an upload button.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Account been syncing forever! wp8.1 Denim, 1520

Is there a 2 step authentication involved???

​I could see that being an issue, but don't know the workaround as you are in China with no Browser access...

moegnd

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

No, I just checked on web, my 2 step authentication is turned off, so that's not it.
I think I'll need to hard reset and connect VPN before restoring the backup.
It's just stuck in syncing...

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

I had that issue before with a school account. After a half to one hour of "syncing," it finally let me remove the account, without resetting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire