How can I delete other files on my Lumia 625?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

how can I delete "other files" on my lumia 625

I have tried using dropbox and my laptop running XP won,t allow it and am not sure about Zune software?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure what your problem is but see below link how to connect your Lumia to a XP computer.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA140859&token=PzvumeJt

Furthermore be careful to remove "other files" they may be needed for the OS.

If the "other files" are on your SD you can also get the SD out your phone and put it in your PC's card reader and try.

If the "other files" are for example dpf open the pdf app and they you can delete them. And for documents you can do the same open office to delete them.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If your drivers are correct, you should be able to access files on the phone with file browser on your computer when the two are connected via USB.

Zune does not support Windows Phone 8 and above. XP is out of service life and should probably be upgraded. Windows 8 (desktop) and higher have an App for connecting with Windows Phone.

Try safely ejecting your SD card; Storage Sense > SD card > safely remove. Power down and remove the card. Boot the phone, visit Storage Sense and let it finish scanning. Soft Reset (hold Volume Down + Power buttons until reboot). Power down again > insert the SD card > power on > Storage Sense > SD Card > let Storage Sense read the card. This might shrink Other if more files get recognized during the card scan.

FWIW - a trip to the Desktop App for Windows Phone usually helps this process of rescan and index of cards. I find that my Storage Sense reads the contents of my card properly after it plugs into the desktop App. If you have a friend with a Windowss 8 or higher box that will let you have some time on there - you could try the Desktop App.

As Harrie-S says, some of the Other files may be ones you actually want to keep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb