Why isn't my Lumia 720 able to update to Denim?

malbendsouza

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 720 Denim not available.

I own a Lumia 720 and I have enabled preview for developers. When I check for updates, it says that my phone is up to date. However, Lumia Denim is available for my device (I've checked it on the Microsoft website and the Lumia software recovery tool says a new version is available). Can anyone help me or provide a solution?

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 720 Denim not available.

Is the phone from your region or an import? Only reason I'm asking is because although your carrier may have released the update, you handset is from another region, therefore the update will only appear when it is released for that region.
I've given up waiting for the update, they are moving so slow it's almost at standstill!

malbendsouza

May 30, 2014
Visit site

Yes, my phone is from another region. However, the update is available in the region as well as my county. As I stated, the update is available on Lumia software update, however, it's not available through my phone while I check for updates.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Plugged in or charge well over 50%? On WiFi?

You could just be bumping up against a server issue... Maybe a regional server is down, maybe the request load is very high.

​Be patient and try again. Or you could take a backup and then use LSRT.

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I do get the feeling there is some kind of delay releasing this update! I'm in UK on O2. I have a 820 and 1020 but I'd be surprised if they get the denim update before February. I've flashed my 1020 to a Germany rom but the update didn't have Visual Voicemail, so I've since reverted back to Cyan on UK rom.
There's a Microsoft event coming up in ten or so days, so maybe they'll give out some further information then but I'm not overly confident about that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire