Why is my phone locked for so long?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why is it locked for so long

The phone was only disabled for a minute but when i took the battery(getting the sim card out) out and put it back in it was saying that it was locked for 974536 minutes. Any idea how i can fix this? Thanks

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: why is it locked for so long

The phones clock is wrong. Only way to fix it when locked out is to insert a valid, functional, SIM and wait for the time to get set from the the network.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
No idea what is it but if the time is wrong as Ordeith says you dont have to wait for proper sim card (I think). Just go to Settings > date+time >disable set date and time automatically. Now you can fix your time

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

No idea what is it but if the time is wrong as Ordeith says you dont have to wait for proper sim card (I think). Just go to Settings > date+time >disable set date and time automatically. Now you can fix your time

Unfortunately this won't work if the phone is physically locked.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Oh my bad. I just never seen this kind of locking. Thought you can still use phone without calling. Well, I guess what he suggested will help you then just swap family/friends SIM and see what happens

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If the SIM trick does not work, try powering off and then pulling the battery. Hold Volume Down + Power buttons and reinsert the battery to force a soft reset. (This is a long shot.)

These ridiculously long waits are seen when the unlock code is put in wrong multiple times after a warning for incorrect code.

The only known way around it is to Hard Reset. Since we don't know what phone you have, do a web search for
"<model name> hard reset" and follow the directions for the button push method.

You loose data, but it beats waiting 677 days to get back into your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre