How do I get my laptop screen to turn off?

patstar5

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How do I get my laptop screen to turn off!!!

I simply want my screen to stay off on my dell venue 11 pro while everything else remains on. I do not want it to go to sleep.
On my mac it it so simple, I just run caffeine and hold down the brightness key until screen is off!
I have been searching for the last 2 hours on how to do this on window's and I can't find anything!
Stupid Microsoft! What were you thinking! I am about to throw my tablet out the window!
Well I am shutting the lid and going to sleep, I will be getting anther Mac when I goto college because Microsoft can't figure this out.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re:

Control Panel>Power Options>Choose when to turn off the display
power.PNG

I have an ASUS laptop, but it works the same for all Windows 8.1 laptops.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I get my laptop screen to turn off!!!

What Laura said is best. Another option, if you need it to turn off instantly, you can open the charms bar, press Devices > Project > Second Screen > Second Screen Only. Your display will turn off until you touch the display whether you have another screen plugged in or not.

patstar5

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

When I do the second screen option it saids it turns back on because I don't have second screen connected.
As for the power options, if I do that, will it just turn screen off and not put to sleep?
Well apparently my computer was still running even with lid close, office finished downloading and installing.
I didn't think dell venue 11 pro supported connected standby?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

When I do the second screen option it saids it turns back on because I don't have second screen connected.
As for the power options, if I do that, will it just turn screen off and not put to sleep?
Well apparently my computer was still running even with lid close, office finished downloading and installing.
I didn't think dell venue 11 pro supported connected standby?

A lot of the tablets don't have the option to turn screen off but stay on. I'm on the 8 inch Insignia Windows 8 Tablet and I dont have the option.

Screenshot.png

And weird that the project option does that to you. Again on my 8 inch Windows 8 tablet that doesn't happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo