Why am I unable to connect my Surface Pro to LG TV with Miracast?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unable to Connect Surface Pro to LG TV with Miracast

First let me say I was able to connect once but never again.

My Surface Pro 3 sees the TV and pops up a message saying please follow the instructions on the TV. The TV pops up a message saying Connecting, but times out after a minute saying unable to connect. The TV is an 4K LG 65LA9650-UA with software version 5.08.04, which is the latest. I have removed the TV device from Windows several times, but nothing helps. LG Support is saying the problem is not with the TV.

How can I get this to work

FaxGuy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
My LG smart TV fully supports Miracast so I don't need another device. I actually have a Sony Notebook running Windows 8.1 that works just fine with Miracast on this TV, it's only the Surface Pro 3 which doesn't work. This is a rather ridiculous problem to be having as one would have assumed all Windows 8.1 certified devices should work.

bjaw

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I'm having exactly the same issues you have described here. LG smart TV with miracast/widi sharing enabled. I try to connect my surface pro 3 and the TV simply states "not connected" after about a minute of trying. Have you had any luck with this since you posted?`

tsume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here surface pro 1 and LG plasma tv. This did work about a year ago, so not sure if it is a problem with updates on the surface or updates on the TV, but my phone can still connect to the TV so it appears to be a Surface Pro problem.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unable to Connect Surface Pro to LG TV with Miracast

Have you tried removing the SP3 from the tv device list and re adding? My Samsung TV didn't work for a while, but they updated the firmware a few times. After a few updates I got it to work by removing and re adding my SP3.

Michael Davis4

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Re: Unable to Connect Surface Pro to LG TV with Miracast

I have an LG 65 inch, relatively new. I updated the firmware on the TV, but I experience the exact same problems as are described in these posts. I'd like to try your idea of removing the SP3 from the LG's tv device list. I'm sure this would probably fix the problem, however, I don't see how to get to the tv' device list. Can you elaborate on how to do this removal?

czygarlicke

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Ok everyone. I have a Surface Pro 3. I had the LG connected to my home wifi network. My router has two wifi network links. One has a Netgear 5G name. I connected easily first time, Surface Pro screen to my LG TV by swiping right to left to get charms and connecting via the Connect icon for sharing screens. Then something happened and I think by messing around I changed the Network link from regular Netgear to the 5G wifi. I just made sure right now that the TV and my surface Pro were both on regular Netgear and bingo, all in the world is good again. Works great.

czygarlicke

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
But let me add that I also not only synced home wifi networks, in messing around I also had a Windows update for my Windows 10 Surf Pro that I conducted and then restarted the machine. What I've noticed with my Surf Pro 3 is that it NEVER works right, never, if there is a pending update.

SAABoy

Jan 1, 2018
Visit site
Surface Book 1 and LG 55LA6200-UA unable to connect through miracast. Book says connecting follow any instructions... TV days connecting but eventually both fail "...is not connected" devices aren't on each others' device lists so there's nothing to remove and try again.

renvalgeo

Jul 17, 2018
Visit site
Try resetting your network, reboot, share folders & files (all), and then try to connect to LG tv.

Try resetting your network, reboot, share folders & files (all), and then try to connect to LG tv.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234