Why isn't my Lumia 510 detecting the SIM?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 510 not detecting SIM

I have owned this handset(Lumia 510) for about 1.5 years now. Everything was working fine until yesterday. In the evening I took the handset out of my pocket to make a call and it was dead. No fall, no jerky movements at all - went dead without a reason. I tried to charge it but the handset heated up but did not turn on. Today, it turned on when I switched it on - don't know what had happened, it just turned on after taking a break last evening and today morning!

Anyway next issue was that it did not detect the microsim. I tried another microsim(of a spare mobile number that I had) and it detected it. However when I checked again after a few minutes it was not detecting it. Then again, after a few minutes, detected the card again. I tried the original microsim(which was in the phone earlier) and did did not detect it at all). So I changed it back to the second microsim card and the detected/ not detected cycle started again.

Anyone has any idea about what's going on(other than the fact that the phone is getting old by today's standards!)?

Just so that it helps, I changed the screen a few months ago after it was cracked in a fall at the time. But it has worked flawlessly after that until yesterday. By the way, the mobile is not locked to any carrier - not required here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos