What is happening??

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
In my active downloads in the store app, Lumia Creative Studio always says update failed, although I do not have the app in my app list. Every time I retry, it fails. I cant uninstall the app because it doesn't say that I actually have it installed! What to do?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It's amazing how this simple soft reset fixes so many things. If an when I feel I'm having sqirrily things happening, I do a soft reset.

Guess what, I do it without being told to do so. If the problem is solved, then I ask a question here.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes I have done a soft reset. Probably about 10 times actually. Don't be one of those condescending 'did you try turning it off and on again' type people.

Not trying to be condescending; sorry if you took it that way. I thought that a soft reset would work; obviously not. Hopefully someone will have the answer for you in newer posts.

I did a quick search and came up with what might help. Give this link a try and let us know.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=H...t+it+is+installed+and+it+isn't.&fr=ymyy-t-999

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
In my active downloads in the store app, Lumia Creative Studio always says update failed, although I do not have the app in my app list. Every time I retry, it fails. I cant uninstall the app because it doesn't say that I actually have it installed! What to do?

What phone are you trying to install it to ?
Are you installing it to an SDcard ?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
You DO understand that any people on here ONLY have what you typed to go by. They don't know you, your level of analytics, your technical level, etc. - thus offering the obvious solution (for starters), like triage in a hospital.

When you attempt to download the app, is it an INSTALL, or an UPDATE ? (I know you mentioned update, but you said you don't have the app)

I'm gonna offer another solution - try downloading SYSAPP Pusher, configure it appropriately & check your apps ... 'cause frankly, I dunno - more info might help.

& you may be stuck doing a HARD RESET, but simply as a last resort (I assume you know the ramifications of a hard reset).

one other thing, on my Lumia 1520, I can do 2 different soft resets (I don't know the difference, but they behave differently)
- hold POWER in, until vibrate (~ 10 seconds), then release immediately, may simply be another method of restart
- or hold POWER & VOLUME DOWN, until vibrate (~ 10 seconds, little less than the first method), then release immediately

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb