So Expansys stole my phone, how do I get it back?

bmazloum

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
So Expansys stole my phone

It's been over a month since I've been dealing with Expansys for a phone repair and after the back and forth they said my claim is not covered by warranty.

They don't fix broken screens or LCD's. This is what's happening:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/325179-green-circle-screen.html

After I told them it's not an LCD screen and that it's AMOLED and clearly a manufacturing defect that other people have repaired for free and that my local Nokia service wouldn't touch it but said it can be fixed for free they said they'll contact their service team and get back to me.

Ever since then they've ignored me. I called on the phone (which seems like they only have one phone line) and after getting through the girl hung up on me saying it's with the service department and she only does sales. That was a week ago.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking of contacting my credit card company and filing a claim under my purchase protection plan. I also have a trip to Hong Kong in 3 months and I will literally go there knocking doors down if I have to. This is complete BS.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: So Expansys stole my phone

...I'm thinking of contacting my credit card company and filing a claim under my purchase protection plan...

Cover yourself by emailing Expansys and telling them to turn your warranty request into a return for defect claim and advise you are contacting your CC company. Be ready to forward that (and any other relevant correspondence) to your credit card company.

It may not hurt to let Expansys know you are an active and visible member of the world's largest Windows and Windows Phone community where thousands come every day seeking recommendations on which e-retailers are reputable and which should never receive our business.

Explain to your CC company that you returned the product for service and they kept it. Have your tracking number and amount of time they have possessed the phone in hand. Not purchase protection - refund owed on returned merchandise that was defective. If they (Expansys) don't fix it, they can't just keep it.

Good Luck.

bmazloum

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've emailed them again today and pretty much wrote what you said.
I keep being patient and saying maybe tomorrow they'll reply. I asked for my full invoice in another email, they replied the next day. But anytime I ask about my phone, it goes ignored.

bmazloum

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I made an image that hopefully will get me somewhere or at least warn people of their horrible after sales service. Their twitter feed is full of people complaining.
Expansys.jpg

bmazloum

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Thought I'd post an update. I placed a new ticket with an ultimatum. The ticket is "Solved" and they never even bothered to make an excuse. Just left it empty. Do not buy from this company people. Bunch of crooks, now let's hope my CC company will do something about this.

Expansys-Solved.jpg

bmazloum

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, by some strange power, Expansys emailed me today:
Dear Customer,
After careful consideration of the case, it has been decided that we will issue a refund for the product to close the case officially.
Refund will be reversed back in 2-3 business days into the card used to make the original purchase
Well, I don't know if it was my last message, my twitter hounding, my Facebook posts, or my LinkedIn employee emailing that got the job done. But it's done (well I hope so, I'll def. post up if I don't get the refund).

Thanks for the tips RumoredNow. Now I gotta search to know where to buy my next phone from. I've been so deprived.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, by some strange power, Expansys emailed me today:

Well, I don't know if it was my last message, my twitter hounding, my Facebook posts, or my LinkedIn employee emailing that got the job done. But it's done (well I hope so, I'll def. post up if I don't get the refund).

Thanks for the tips RumoredNow. Now I gotta search to know where to buy my next phone from. I've been so deprived.

@bmazloum: I updated my experience with Expansys on my original post. You may take a look there if you wish.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/as...xpansys-usa-send-devices-warranty-repair.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa