Should I change phones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

As many of you, I have a Nokia Lumia 920. By now, the screen is cracked a bit, and the microphone to talk on the phone cuts out at times.

I'm planning on getting the next flagship phone whenever it comes out. Keyword: Whenever. Currently, baed on comments and articles here, it looks like sometime next summer.

For the holidays, I received a $150 gift card at work for Amazon. They have the Blue Win HD phone for about that price.

I'm thinking of doing the switch to that until the summer.

Question is: Are we almost 100% positive that nothing will be coming out before the summer? Otherwise, I might wait an spend the gift card on something else.

Your feedback is appreciated.

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I expect something early summer, rumors are popping up more and more about a new device coming. It may be slightly later than that, but something's definitely coming!

However... I'd recommend a Lumia 735 or 830 as upgrade for the 920. It's affordable and offers many upgrades over it. It's also better than the Blue Win HD. And the gift card will shave off a really nice piece of it. The blue blah blah looks nice on paper but it lacks a lot of really cool Lumia-only tricks related to screen, camera, sound and apps.

AFerrari4u

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I'd love an 830, but the truth is this phone is only to replace my current almost-dead 920 until the next flagship comes out. So I really don't want to spend money or sign a new contract. I'll do that for the flagship.

In the world of unlocked phones, it's the Win HD, a 500 series or a 700 series, I think?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Swappa is going to accept the OP's $150 Amazon Gift card. LOL

I like the looks of the Win HD. Seems solid value for the money. I believe it's already gotten 8.1 update 1 as well. That's a bonus.

The only drawback I see is no LTE radio and a very narrow radio in general so no taking it overseas. If you stay in North America and can get by with H+ speeds then get the Blu Win HD w510u. For the price you are paying after the gift card, I don't see how you can loose and you would still have a fun and capable backup after your flagship docks.

Check the Blu Win HD forum here for some user comments: BLU Win HD - Windows Central Forums

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes