[UK] Linx 10 tablet - worth a punt?

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone here have any experience of the Linx 10 Windows tablet?

It can currently be bought for ?159 (?109 with rebate) which seems like a good deal, especially when you consider that it also has a year's subscription to Office 365 included (two seats.)

But is it really worth it? I'll rarely be running demanding Windows desktop apps, and will probably stick with apps from the store. Browsing, email, YouTube and Spotify will be my main uses, but a little document editing may be undertaken if my laptop isn't to hand.

I'm not sure if an Android tablet would be a better option. (I'm not overly enamoured with Android, though we have several Android phones/tablets in the house already.)

Opinions?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Its personal preference... Sadly some of the cheap Windows tablets out there run slow, but doesn't sound like you'll need much grunt from the processor.

Give it a try, and for just over ?100, it's not a bad punt!

G.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
2GB RAM
32GB storage
Quad core Intel Baytrail processor
Full Window 8.1
Office 365
1200 x 800 screen
HDMI, USB, SD slot

I know it's not going to run at Surface Pro speeds... My quandary is should I go for this (which will have mediocre build quality) or a better build Android. Hmm, Android that never gets updates, or Windows that will get scores of weekly updates...

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the 8" version of this, surprisingly it has a very good build quality for a low cost device and no problems at all with performance, this is with using store apps and the Office that comes with it, don't use other desktop apps, just ones from the store

The 10" comes as you say with 2GB RAM, whereas the 7" & 8" ones only have 1GB, so I cant see this having performance issues

For an unknown (to me anyway) brand, the Linx are very nice Tablets/Mini Laptops if required for this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz